You can now try Zengaku for FREE by downloading Zengaku Lite!
Check out our Reviews!
You know Sudoku. You know Kakuro. Discover Zengaku! A blend of Sudoku and Kakuro puzzles combining both to create a puzzling and unique challenge.
With Zengaku we've taken some of the best elements from Sudoku and Kakuro to create a number puzzle game that we think takes things to the next level. Kakuro gives you the challenge of finding sums within interesting patters similar to a crossword. Sudoku limits you to numbers 1 through 9 appearing only once in a row or column. Zengaku blends those concepts creating a logic/strategy puzzle that is fresh, new and fun. You might say its Kakuro and Sudoku remixed.
We've also created a nice simple user interface that gets out of your way and lets you solve the puzzle the way you want to. We'd even go so far as to say it's almost Zen-like.
So if you add all these great features up what you get is Zengaku. And if you give it a try you'll be done with Sudoku and Kakuro forever. Zengaku is the future. Start solving these great puzzles now.
The rules of Zengaku are very simple:
- The numbers 1 through 9 must appear exactly once in every column and in every row. The exception being mini-puzzles, which only use digits 1 through 6.
- Numbers in a column must sum to the number above them.
- Numbers in a row must sum to the number to their left.
- A circle joining any two squares indicates that the digits in those squares must be consecutive.
- Squares which are not joined by a circle must not have consecutive digits.
Zengaku comes with the following features:
- 250 levels, split across 3 difficulty levels plus two sets of mini-puzzles to get you started.
- Zoomable game field to make entering digits easier. You can use a double tap or pinch gesture.
- Ability to enter multiple notes into a cell to keep track of possible answers.
- A check button to verify your answers whenever you're ready.
- Puzzle progress is saved for each puzzle. You can work on many puzzles without losing your progress!
- A timer to keep track of your puzzle solving prowess.
Brush up on your math and logic skills, you'll need them!
Zengaku is now available on the App Store for the iPhone and iPod touch. Get it today!